Delicious Healthy Recipes
Sonja's Kitchen Specialty Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne.
Ingredients: (makes 20 servings @ approximately $3.75 per serving)
2 kilos of fresh ricotta ($22)
3 bunches of spinach ($7.50)
1chopped onion (50c)
4 free range eggs ($3)
500 grams greek feta ($5)
Juice of one lemon and zest of two organic lemons (homegrown)
6 jars of any pasta sauce ($15)
2 boxes of instant lasagna sheets ($6)
500 grams of shredded cheese ($6)
1. Wash, chop and saute the spinach with onions, garlic, lemon zest and juice.
2. Cover the bottom of two large cooking dishes/trays with one bottle of pasta sauce.
3. Once the spinach mix has cooked to about 1/10 of it's raw size, remove from the pan to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool (it's important to let it cool before you add the cheeses and eggs)
4. Add cheeses and eggs and mix thoroughly with your hands so it's all squished evenly (please use disposable gloves for all the germiphobes oiwt there like me!)
5. Cover the bottom of the trays with pasta sheets.
6. Add a thick layer of cheese/spinach (use 1/4 of your mix)
7. Cover with lasagna sheets then pasta sauce.
8. Repeat the same 3 layers again making sure your last sauce layer completely covers the pasta sheets.
9. Bake covered with baking paper on high for an hour.
10. Remove from the oven, remove the paper and cover the lasagnas evenly with your shredded cheese.
11. Pop back in the hot oven uncovered for 15 minutes to melt and crisp the top layer.
12. Serve hot with fresh basil leaves. some fresh grated parmesan and enjoy a big family meal like we did!
I'm off cruising the world for a couple of weeks so I'll see you all back in Feb my vegie lovers, ❤ Son xxx
Love a berry smoothie at this time of year, especially after all that Xmas dinner.
Here is my healthy dairy free recipe.
Handful of mixed berries🍇🍒🍓
200ml Coconut water🥥
1tsp Ashwaganda powder🌿 (helps balance our minds and is an adaptogen, meaning it’s good for stress, available at your local health store)
2 scoops of vanilla or berry CoYo. 🥥( dairy free)
1tsp of honey and cinnamon🐝
1 banana (Make sure the bananas are frozen so it’s nice and cold) 🍌🍌🍌
Then blend away until it looks nice and smoothie like, sprinkle some coconut flakes on top.🙂
Keto Banana Bread
My Keto banana bread, made from overripe bananas... omg amazing...
3 x Bananas
2 cups Almond meal
2 x Little Yarra free range eggs
1 tsp Bi carb soda
2/3 cup crushed Walnuts.
Yarra valley honey (just a little, if you want it sweeter)
Bake in the oven around 50-60 mins at 170 degrees.
This recipe is care of a local Influencer Maddison Bazzocco, an authority on all things healthy. Check out her page through the link above, or on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/HealthyKarmaOfficial/
GREAT IDEA TO ENJOY THOSE BEETROOTS and not only that they are so good for your blood.
- 2 Medium sized beetroots
- Juice from half a lemon
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/2 Can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Kale the super Green
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 hot red chile, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and chopped (about 1 lb. total)
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 lb. frozen peas or snow peas
- add little avocado if you like and lemon juice.
- In 5- to 6-quart saucepot on medium, cook garlic and chile in oil 2 minutes, stirring often. Add kale, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 6 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally.Stir in peas. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through.